(Part 1- Power over Satan and Demons)
The Study of Spiritual Warfare is something all believers will face daily in their Christian walk.. So I believe this is an important subject that we all should know well as we face enemy attacks in our daily lives.
Mark 3:27 tells us: “No one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house.”
One of the primary emphases in Mark's gospel is Jesus' overriding concern to defeat Satan and his demonic powers; in Mark 3:27, this is phrased as “tying up the strong man” ,(Satan), and “robbing his house”, (setting free those who are enslaved to Satan). This power Satan is especially evident in the driving out of demons, (Greek – daimonion) or evil spirits.
DEMONS: (1) The NT frequently refers to those who are suffering from Satan's oppression and influence because of the indwelling of an evil spirit,and to Jesus' conflict with demons. In Mark's gospel, for ex., numerous encounters are described in the following scriptures: (Mk 1:23-28, 32-34, 39; 3:10-12, 14-15; 5:1-20; 6:7,13; 7:24-30; 9:14-29; 16:17).
(2) Demons are spirit beings who have personality and intelligence. As members of Satan's kingdom and as enemies of God and humans, (Mt 12:43-45). They are evil, malicious and under Satan's authority (Mt 4:10).
(3) Demons are the power behind idol gods, so that to worship false gods is essentially to worship demons (1 Cor. 10:20).
(4) The NT presents the world as estranged from God and seized by Satan (Jn. 12:31; 2 Cor. 4:4; Eph. 6:10-12). Demons are within the hierarchy of the rulers of this age; Christians must wage continual warfare with them (Eph 6:12).
(5) Demons can and often do, live in the bodies of unbelievers (Mk 5:15; Lk 4:41; 8:27-28; Acts 16:18), and use their voices to talk. They enslave such individuals and influence them toward evil, immorality and destruction.
(6) Demons can cause physical illness in the human body (Mt 9:32-33;12:22; 17:14-18; Mk 9:20-22; Lk 13:11,16), although not all sickness and disease are the result of evil spirits (Mt 4:24; Lk 5:12-13).
(7) Those involved in Spiritualism and magic (sorcery) are dealing with evil spirits; this can easily lead to demonic bondage (Acts 13:8-10; 19:19;Gal 5:20; Rev 9:20)
(8) Evil Spirits will be especially active in the last days of this age,promoting the occult, immorality, violence and cruelty, they will assault God's word and sound doctrine (Mt 24:24; 2 Cor 11:14-15; 1 Tim 4:1). The ultimate outpouring of demonic activity will be in the AntiChrist and his followers (2 th 2:9; Rev 13:2-8; 16:13-14.